Regarding Mass Registration at St. Ignatius Church
Due to the continuous increase in the number of coronavirus infections in Tokyo, Archbishop Kikuchi sent new directives early in August. He is greatly concerned that no positive cases should arise in parish communities. As he said, “Mass will be cancelled in all parishes in Tokyo when it is confirmed that an infected person has been identified within the church activities.” Thus, we have to exercise utmost care by avoiding the 3 C’s: crowded places, close contacts, and closed spaces. We have to follow the protocols of wearing masks, sanitizing our hands, and social distancing. Mass participants have to follow strict registration rules.
The following directives are to be followed with regard to Mass Registration:
- Only those who have registered online will be admitted. From now on “walk-ins” will not be admitted.
Procedure for Online Registration for the Sunday 12:00 p.m. English Mass.
Access: www.stignatius.jp/en/ . In the upper right side of the Homepage, marked John de Britto Center, open the link for online registration:
Registration starts at 9 a.m. Monday and ends at 7 p.m. Saturday. You will receive a confirmation email with your seat number on Friday or Saturday.
Note that one single registration does not mean you are already registered for all Sundays. You have to register every time and only once a month to give others a chance as well.
- Registration requires your Personal Data: Name, e-mail address, postal address and contact telephone number so that, in case infection occurs, you can be contacted by the church at the soonest possible time.
- Please come early so as to avoid crowding and observe social distancing at the church entrance. The door to the main church opens at 11:30 a.m. and will be closed once the Mass starts. Even if you have registered, you will not be admitted if you are late.
For those who cannot be accommodated for the 12:00 p.m. Mass and would like to attend a live Mass every Sunday, please consider the following Masses where” Walk-ins” are allowed.
- Japanese masses at 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Spanish mass at 1:30 p.m.
Registration is likewise required so please come early.
- After Mass, please do not congregate in front of the church or around the premises nor eat with your friends in Teresia Hall. According to a government survey, people unknowingly spread the virus by eating and drinking together.
Let us, therefore, protect one another by making the above sacrifice of observing protocols given by the government and medical experts. Let us pray that God will protect the church from Covid infections through our collaborative efforts. As Fr. Hanafusa, our Pastor, has said, “All these directrives are meant to protect life and the well-being of our parish community.”
Thank you for your understanding,
St. John de Britto Center