Manuals for Group Participation in Mass
June 10, 2020
- Please distribute the responsibilities (during the Mass) among the members of the group. A total of seven people are required in a group which includes one group leader (representative), two staff for entrance control, two staff to collect offertory and two to monitor the hygiene measures.
- The group leader has the responsibility of coordination with the office and with other groups. When applying, please include the list of participants (name, address, phone, email address).
- The staff at the entrance (one at each door) will check if the people who enter the church are registered in their own respective groups. Make sure that people who have not made reservations do not enter. Chances are also there that some people in the list will be absent, and please make sure who actually entered and submit the attendance record to the office after the Mass.
- Those in charge of offertory should make sure that offertory donation is properly collected from their group. There will not be offertory collection during the Mass. The offertory bag will not be passed around as well. Please gather the offertory donations in your group either before or after the Mass and bring the donation to the office after the Mass.
- Hygiene staff should check the health condition of their group members before the Mass. Please make sure that the group members wear mask and follow hand disinfection procedures. After the Mass, please disinfect the seats you used. Disinfectant will be made available at the office.
Regarding the Infection Preventive Measures
- Please disinfect your hands before entering the church and wear a mask inside the church.
- Keep the church entrances open and make sure that there is enough ventilation.
- Please be conscious about social distance inside the church, and sit leaving ample space between seats. The seats are marked.
Regarding the Mass
- Masses will be shortened to 30 minutes, with brief homilies.
- The congregation will not sing during the Mass. However, it is possible for one or two soloists to sing.
- Please avoid body contact during the greeting of the peace.
- Please receive communion by hand only.
Regarding distributing Communion
- When elderly priests who are over 75 years old are celebrating Mass, it is not allowed to distribute Communion directly to the congregation(as per the directions given by the Archbishop). In such instances, Eucharistic ministers or other younger priests will distribute Communion.
Fr. Ryuichiro Hanafusa, SJ, Pastor.